Monday, November 5, 2018

Working on Report Maps...

I am working on the maps for the Turn 2 reports tonight and expect to start the Corps Reports tomorrow. Remember: Just because you don't see an enemy unit does not mean it is not there. Some units could be obscured by terrain features. Valleys, hills and mountains conceal the enemy in or behind them well. No enemy units, for example, are visible at Cosner's Gap at the end of Turn 2, but all units that were visible at the beginning of the turn are still there at the end.

There was also a Union cavalry division at Utt (Sitesville) and an infantry division nearby in the woods behind another division at the end of Turn 1. I don't believe the players intended to have these units concealed, but due to the valley formed by Johnson's Creek, they were not visible to the enemy. I didn't even realize this until I was making the maps. I had to test it by running the scenario as Confederates and seeing whether the units were visible. They were not (even from McGee Hill), which surprised me, but that's the way it was.

I still hope to have reports out Wednesday night my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment